Friday, November 1, 2013

October 31, 2013 Happy Halloween from Gila Bend, AZ

We made it out of California this morning!  The last 20 miles involved driving on new-graveled highway—what a mess! I was afraid we might have coated the front of the car, but it was fine when I stopped to check.

We are at Holt’s Shell Station and RV park for tonight at the crossroads of I-8 and Butterfield Trail in Gila Bend, AZ.

P1000926 

P1000924

The desert air is crisp and feels so inviting.  I have missed it.  We have the air conditioner running instead of the heater.  I expect the heater will be on tomorrow morning as mornings are a bit too chilly for Larry.

This place is interesting.  In addition to a Shell fuel station for autos and big trucks and a RV park, it offers free water and dump station to desert campers as well as a touch of Mexico for shoppers.

P1000928

And for those who want to shop in Mexico without crossing the border, here you go:

 P1000929

Didn’t see your heart’s desire?  Walk around the corner.

P1000931

I wanted to adopt this flower, but it was $129.   A bit beyond my budget!

P1000932

It’s five foot tall and would have added some life to our yard in Texas!  Well it was fun looking, but I don’t have ANY room in the truck, camper or car for “treasures.”  We are loaded to the brim!

Tomorrow night we are going to live in a bit of luxury at the Fiesta Grande RV Resort in Casa Grande.  Our friends Mary and Jerry are there for the winter season.  I noticed it was a Passport America park and called for one night’s reservation.  It is a super nice park!  It is fun to splurge once in a while!  More tomorrow night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment